Up-Date on in Person Training
- On Tuesday, an announcement was made by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services (AHS), which outlined the additional restrictions for the province of Alberta. Command has sent us our new marching orders and are effective immediately.
- Given that students in grades 7-12, which is the same as the cadet demographic, will be transitioning to online learning, the decision has been made to continue with virtual cadet training in the province of Alberta until further notice. This training limitation applies to all in-person mandatory, complementary and optional training.
- As working from home is being encouraged where possible, staff should not be gathering at the Corps / Sqn LHQ for staff meetings or any other purpose. Exceptions may be considered for essential activities only. Individuals may drop in at the LHQ briefly if required to retrieve something from the office.
- As the situation continues to evolve and can change rapidly, no date to resume in-person training has been established. We will continue to monitor the situation within the province. We will resume in-person activities when provincial restrictions allow, and it is safe to do so.
- By taking these steps, we will continue to ensure the cadet program is not a vector for transmission and we will ensure the safety of our communities, participants and each other.
Capt C. Wilson, CD
Interested in learning the skills of flying? Looking for new friends? Interested in getting physically fit? Then we might just be the youth program you are looking for.
Are you looking for a challenge to bring out the best in yourself and your abilities? If you are from 12-19 years of age then look no further, because Air Cadets is the program for you. You’ll make lifelong friends, learn valuable skills and increase your self esteem.
The Cadet Program is still up and running, and is working with a new COVID-19 environment. 903 Air Cadets would still like to invite new Cadets to come out and join the program. Please fill in the form below and call 403-934-3033 to connect to the squadron. We are training virtually for the time being.
Air Cadets follow the military tradition of wearing uniforms, and we form a team which prides itself on leadership and citizenship qualities, physical fitness, and knowledge of the air activities of the Canadian Forces.
Join Air Cadets and Come Fly with US!!!
Many of our cadets participate in the Cadet Program because of the rewards:
- Sense of accomplishment
- Recognition from their peers and mentors
- Once-in-a-lifetime experiences
- Lifelong friends
- A chance to showcase their talents and maturity
- Self-confidence, self-discipline, self-esteem and increased self-awareness
- Community involvement
How do you join? Air Cadets follow the military tradition of wearing uniforms, and we form a team which prides itself on leadership and citizenship qualities, physical fitness, and knowledge of the air activities of the Canadian Forces.
Cadets may enroll in the program at any time throughout the training year provided they have reached at least their 12th birthday. We recommend cadets join us before January to take best advantage of the program.
The physical building will be closed until further notice.
You are welcome to come Wednesday nights after 6:30 pm during our weekly training to register. Check the calendar to ensure we are meeting that night. Please bring one of the following pieces of identification for the applicant:
– A valid Canadian passport;
– A birth certificate;
– A valid resident card;
– A valid identification card issued by a Canadian provincial or federal government agency Also bring the Alberta Health Card of the applicant. Location: We are located on the Strathmore Agricultural Grounds.